This Chocolate and Mint Dessert Pizza recipe is also available in the following formats:
Chocolate and Mint Dessert Pizza Ingredients (Crust):
Chocolate and Mint Dessert Pizza Ingredients (Topping):
- 4 Bars Semisweet or Milk Chocolate (175g each) Note: 175g x 4 works out to be 24-25ozs. It is perfectly fine to use 24ozs of chocolate chips instead. White chocolate or dark chocolate can be substituted for milk chocolate.
- 10 Medium Candy Canes, coarsely crushed or chopped. I used Spangler candy canes:
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter.
- Stir in eggs.
- Slowly add water, little by little, until the dough is well mixed and can be spread on a pizza pan without being too sticky.
- Press dough onto greased pizza pan. (My pizza pan is 15 1/2″ in diameter.)
- Bake at 200 degrees C. for approximately 30 minutes (until golden).
- Melt chocolate via a double-boiler method. (I put the chocolate in a glass bowl and put the glass bowl in a skillet filled with water, over medium heat.) Once the chocolate is completely melted, let it cool for a few minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Crush or coarsely chop candy candles. (Note: Putting them in a clean cloth and using a hammer is a big mess. I learned the hard way. Either chop them with a sturdy cutting board and knife, or place 2-3 candy canes at a time in a stainless steel bowl and crush them using a sturdy glass bottle.)
- Pour melted chocolate on top of warm crust, spread evenly.
- Sprinkle candy cane pieces on top of the chocolate.
- Chill before serving.
- Remove pizza from refrigerator at least 20 minutes before slicing (otherwise it will be too hard).
- Serves up to 16 people (depending on how small the slices are).
Happy pizza making!