12 Foods That Taste Better Dipped in Chocolate
Hot off the press, via Bustle: 12 Foods That Taste Better Dipped in Chocolate
Some combinations look positively scrumptious, while other pairings aren’t exactly my cup of tea.
Mandarin Oranges Dipped in Chocolate
(This pairing is one of the scrumptious ones.)
Photo Credit: Bustle
Since I’m at it, here’s my take on all 12 foods (covered or dipped in chocolate):
- Grapes: The jury’s out until I can try this combination for myself. I love grapes (unless they’re dried!) and chocolate so they’d likely be just fine together.
- Expresso Beans: Oooooooo – Mmmmmm! Need I say more?
- Gummy Bears: No, but thank you. Too squishy.
- Potato Chips: ‘Scuse me while I go melt some chocolate specifically to try this, because I’ve wanted to for a very long time. It sounds like a winning combination of salty and sweet…
- Almond Biscotti: I would have to be more familiar with biscotti before I could make up my mind regarding biscotti dipped in chocolate!
- Mandarin Orange Slices: This combo gets two thumbs up from me. (Which means the grapes probably would too…)
- Pretzels: Approved. My latest favorite pretzel with chocolate bar is Chocolove Pretzel in Milk Chocolate.
- Strawberries: I don’t really like strawberries all that much. True story.
- Cherries: Yes, please!
- Licorice: I’m a little dubious about chocolate and licorice. Licorice is such a distinctive flavor that I’m afraid it would overpower most chocolate. Besides, my absolute favorite licorice is so good on its own that it doesn’t need embellished.
- Peanut Butter Ritz Cracker Sandwiches: Sure, why not? Chocolate with biscuit is good and chocolate with peanut butter is uh, very good.
- Bacon Bites: What is it with bacon and dessert nowadays? I’m not entirely sold on the idea. I might take a little convincing.
Please pass the plate again…
Photo Credit: Bustle (12 Foods That Taste Better Dipped in Chocolate)