Some combinations look positively scrumptious, while other pairings aren’t exactly my cup of tea.
Mandarin Oranges Dipped in Chocolate
(This pairing is one of the scrumptious ones.)
Photo Credit: Bustle
Since I’m at it, here’s my take on all 12 foods (covered or dipped in chocolate):
- Grapes: The jury’s out until I can try this combination for myself. I love grapes (unless they’re dried!) and chocolate so they’d likely be just fine together.
- Expresso Beans: Oooooooo – Mmmmmm! Need I say more?
- Gummy Bears: No, but thank you. Too squishy.
- Potato Chips: ‘Scuse me while I go melt some chocolate specifically to try this, because I’ve wanted to for a very long time. It sounds like a winning combination of salty and sweet…
- Almond Biscotti: I would have to be more familiar with biscotti before I could make up my mind regarding biscotti dipped in chocolate!
- Mandarin Orange Slices: This combo gets two thumbs up from me. (Which means the grapes probably would too…)
- Pretzels: Approved. My latest favorite pretzel with chocolate bar is Chocolove Pretzel in Milk Chocolate.
- Strawberries: I don’t really like strawberries all that much. True story.
- Cherries: Yes, please!
- Licorice: I’m a little dubious about chocolate and licorice. Licorice is such a distinctive flavor that I’m afraid it would overpower most chocolate. Besides, my absolute favorite licorice is so good on its own that it doesn’t need embellished.
- Peanut Butter Ritz Cracker Sandwiches: Sure, why not? Chocolate with biscuit is good and chocolate with peanut butter is uh, very good.
- Bacon Bites: What is it with bacon and dessert nowadays? I’m not entirely sold on the idea. I might take a little convincing.
Please pass the plate again…
Photo Credit: Bustle (12 Foods That Taste Better Dipped in Chocolate)